Monday, January 7, 2013
We had Ivan's baptism!!!
hi mom!
ok, so here is what happened this week! we had ivan's baptism!!! it was awesome!!! the spirit was SO strong. SO SO SO STRONG. he is an amazing man!! i just love ivan! his family gave us cardigans for christmas :)
Did you know, in the BOM it refers to either God or Christ 4,053 times and he is refered to by 70 different names. I just finished the BOM again this morning and counted all that up. cool huh? Im almost done with reading El Libro de Mormon!! That takes forever cause theres like almost 100 more pages in it so that ones takes a while to read. But, im almost done with it!
i want you to know how much i love my mission!!!! It is the BEST decision i have EVER made in my life. I have been blessed in so many ways. My testimony is stronger. I am a better person because of my mission. There are people out here that i LOVE with all of my heart. I have made life long friends and i can not imagine my life without my mission. i am a better person because of my mission. I know i will be a better mom and a better wife because of this and i am so happy. I have never been this happy. I was never un happy back home, but out here on a mission, its a whole new level of happy. Being able to be a part in changing someones life for the better is the best feeling in the world. The spirit that is present during a baptism is undesribable and to know that you are the one who the Lord chose to teach them is a feeling that you can never expain. I am so glad that i am worthy to serve the Lord, and i do so with all of my heart. Im sure that Casey and Jeff and Drew all feel the same way, and soon Austin will as well. Evey missionary feels like their mission was the best mission, and it is for that missionary. But, i think my mission is the BEST MISSION IN THE WORLD! And i thank my Havenly Father every day for the opportunity i have for him to allow my to be a servant in his work. Learnign spanish is hard, but it has done nothing more than make me realize that the Lord is there. He hears my prayers and he answers them. Maybe not when i want, but he always answered them. The Lord sometimes bends us, and tries to stretch us, but he will never break us. I love my Heavenly Father with all of my heart and i just wanted you to know how strong my testimony is of this chruch. You did a great job at raising me and thank you for always having a testimony and taking us to church. I can not imagine my life with the gospel. I hope you are happy back home but i want you to know that even though i miss you, i would not want to be any other place than right here, right now. I love you mom! Have a great week and i will email you next week!!!!!!
Love you
Hermana Powell
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment